Sunday, January 16, 2011

This is a tough time of year

Why? Because there is no light. Photographers love light -- we need light. How can I take a decent photo without light? It's impossible. There is poor light in our apartment. I need a speedlight because in order to adjust my settings according to the indoor light, I am rarely able to take decent photos of our toddler. Toddlers move fast. The absolute highest shutter speed I can photograph him at is 1/125, and that is with my flash and light scoop. Under most circumstances, I need to photograph him at 1/90 due to the lack of light. This is simply unacceptable for a fast moving toddler.

Although I hate this season and I hate this complete lack of light, what can I photograph at a low shutter speed? This big blob of a kitty... he is simply perfect for practice. I never tire of seeing photos of him.

IMG_9818wm

No comments:

Post a Comment