Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 157

Today, I had a doctor's appointment in Corvallis with a doctor I trust and who is truly listening me. We are moving forward. While I was there, I simply had to go to OSU. It is simply the most gorgeous campus ever and I took hundreds (literally!) of pictures. Here are a few of them. I promise there will be more in the future.

These pictures were taken from the Memorial Union (MU.)


I chose to focus on the American flag. The flag behind it is the state of Oregon flag. Of course, there's a beaver on it!!

This is the gorgeous ceiling from the entrance of the MU.

I spent countless hours studying in this lounge. There are plush couches, gorgeous ceilings with chandeliers, and comfy chairs to lounge around in front of beautiful windows.

This is one of those gorgeous windows I was talking about previously.

Who doesn't love a spiral staircase?

I thought the staircase would look nice in black and white.

This is one of the vaulted ceilings in the MU lounge. I love the woodwork and the many chandeliers.


The campus has a plethora of rod iron railings. They are beautiful.

This is similar to the above photograph. I chose to blur the rod iron railing and focus on the background.

I chose to take the following two photographs to show the antiquity of the university. Notice the cracks?

Like I said in the above photo, OSU is quite old -- it was established in 1858 although it was known as the Corvallis College back then. There were many name changes in almost a century, but in 1961 the name was officially changed to Oregon State University.

Can you tell I love my alma mater?

No comments:

Post a Comment